Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Facts and Achievements
Aishwarya Bachchan Rai, (nee Aishwarya Rai), Born on November 1, 1973, Manglore, Karnataka state, India. She is an Indian Actress and the winner of the Miss World 1994 Pageant. Primarily known for her work in Hindi and Tamil movies, She has established herself as one of the most popular and influential celebrities in India through her successful acting carrier.
She received many Film Fare Awards, and was honoured with the “Padma Shri” by the Government of India in 2009. She also honoured with the “Ordre des Arts et des Lettres” by the Government of France in 2012. She has often been cited in the media as “The most Beautiful Woman in the World“.
She married with Abhishek Bachchan in 2007, (Abhishek Bachchan is the son of “Amitabh Bachchan“). She also had daughter “Ardhya Bachchan“.
Facts & Achievements
- Runner up, Miss India 1994.
- Ambassador (spokesperson) for Longines watches since 1999.
- The first Indian actress to be on the jury of the Cannes International Film Festival.
- Has made over 50 music videos in only seven years.
- Despite the fact that she is adorned with jewellery in her music videos and movies, she is apparently not too fond of it.
- Created a frenzy at the 2002 Cannes Film Festival when she arrived at the premiere of her film.
- Was originally cast in the role of Jwala in the film Mangal Pandey, The Rising (2005), but dropped out before filming started due to contract problems. The role was later given to Ameesha Patel.
Loves collecting watches.
- Made her first commercial for Camlin pencils when she was in the 9th grade.
- Was the face of Coca Cola South Asia as well as the Middle East.
- Has achieved iconic status all over South Asia.
- Is featured in the 2004 edition of the Guinness Book of World Records.
- In a poll conducted by Hello magazine, she was voted the number-one attractive woman of 2003, beating actresses such as Nicole Kidman, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Gwyneth Paltrow.
- In April 2003, L’Oréal signed her as its new international brand ambassador (spokesperson).
- The first Bollywood star to appear in Rolling Stone magazine. (Issue 932, October 2, 2003).
- Is an ethnic Bunt, like fellow actors Shilpa Shetty Kundra and Sunil Shetty. The Bunts are a South Indian community from Mangalore who mainly speak Tulu, which is Aishwarya’s mother tongue.
- Turned down the lead in Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003). The role was given to Gracy Singh.
- Turned down the role of Mastani in the film Bajirao Mastani (2015).
- The first movie star she ever met was Rekha. Aishwarya was still in high school at the time and was a model. While at a grocery store with her mother, Aishwarya was tapped on the shoulder by none other than Rekha herself. Rekha recognized Aishwarya from her modeling ads. She complimented the young Aishwarya on her good looks and wished her all the best.
- Is fluent in the languages English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, and Urdu.